To maximise the impact of the yearly strategy session of an environmental firm’s board members operating in the field of basic materials, ARACON consultants were called in as moderators. The session was set out to align the board’s objectives, collect key points and mould them into a coherent business strategy, and to create a common vision of the firm’s future. The following steps were taken:
- Intensive research to achieve a fundamental understanding of the market
- Individual conversations with board members
- Development of a common understanding of the starting point (in terms of the market situation, competition and company performance)
- Discussions based on an ARACON topic guideline
- Specification of general company objectives
- Definition of measures to achieve objectives
Our moderation and consultation helped align the company’s strategic goals within a short period of time. The result was the definition of six concrete strategic measures and a report for the board of supervisors.